Friday, October 3, 2008

Sam Gets His

I was rereading my posts and realize that Jack (and his antics) receives a majority of the attention here.  So, in fairness to our second born:

Today, Sam stared at a light... for a really long time.  Then he fell asleep.  I bet he dreamt about the light and the glorious wonderment it brings. 

Today, Sam cried because he doesn't like riding in his car seat.  Then he cried some more.  And more.  And more.  Sam, we get it, you don't like your car seat.  But Arizona's traffic laws don't leave us much choice.  So, with all due respect, can it.  If forced to do so, I'll install a light for you to stare at while we drive.  

Today, Sam sucked on his pacifier and slept while Daddy schlepped him around Scottsdale Fashion Square in the Baby Bjorn.  [Take a moment and picture that: Regular Joe TJ, clad in tee shirt, cargo shorts and $3.50 Old Navy flip flops, with a 7 lb baby strapped to his chest.  Then picture me surrounded by 15 to 25 year-olds who consider Cosmo an "intellectually stimulating" publication, don jean shorts and 4" high heels to go shopping, and can't tell you what the words "federal budget deficit" mean.  You bet I blend right in, like a goiter on a prom queen.]

Today, Sam had a bottle for dinner.  During a burping break, Jack was showing Sam his new shoes (navy blue Crocs) and Sam promptly vomited on Jack and his new shoes.  Take that, big brother.  Jack was not pleased, pleading with Daddy to "clean up my new shoes, please, now, please! Sam pooked on me!"  I'm certain you find the glorious irony in that event, as I did. 

No comments: